Mandala Preston CIC is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its website. This Privacy Notice aims to be transparent and helpful in explaining how we collect, protect and use your personal data, and your rights to control it.
Reason for collecting & processing data
- To comply with our contractual obligations to fulfil your booking or order. For example, using your name to book book you into class and your email address to confirm your booking and any further details about your booking.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed of classes and events, products and news by email. Once consent is given, you can opt out at any time.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you sign up for an e-newsletter.
- When you review our products and services.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Upon ordering: your name, order details, email and password (if you create an account).
- Payment details – these are held in an encrypted format by our payment provider, so secure that even we cannot see them. We DO NOT, therefore, store any card details.
- Anonymised details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours.
- We also collect non-personal information on general website usage; how people arrive at and navigate the website, and how visitors use the pages offered. This information provides essential feedback for us showing the effectiveness of online marketing. This information is not directly correlated against individuals
- Your reviews.
Protecting your data
- We will always treat your data with care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
We share your personal data with trusted third parties as follows:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
Summary of the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We never share your data with any company except for those above.
Controlling your data and consent
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- At any time that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
Stopping the use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- If you have an account, log in and visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Mandala, 18 Derby Street, Preston, PR 1DT
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Mandala, 18 Derby Street, Preston, PR 1DT
We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates. Questions regarding this Policy should be directed as follows:
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- write to us at: 18 Derby Street, Preston, PR1 1DT
Further information about data protection laws can be found at the Data Protection Registrar's internet site: https://ico.org.uk/